My friend Stefan gave me a set of Planet Bike Freddy fenders. The only issue was there was no mounting hardware included. The stock hardware consists of stainless steel struts that mount to the frame or fork on one end and a little pass through fastener on the other end.
The stock struts are a 1/8" diameter stainless rod with an eyelet formed on one end. I wanted to duplicate the eyelet because it looks nice so I made a simple wire bending jig. Here's how the front struts turned out:
The struts got me halfway there, but I still needed to build the hardwa
re that connects the struts to the actual fender. I was able to turn these parts out of brass on a lathe:
These parts turned out pretty well so I think I will try the same thing for the rear fender. The rear fender has a different bend pattern so I may need to make up another wire bending jig.
No comments:
Post a Comment